Posted on June 10, 2008 by JackParkman
Yahoo! has some great headshots in its fantasy baseball player pool. Larger versions of many of these pictures can be found on mlb.com, but Selig has apparently decided to clean up a few of them (Adam Jones, I’m looking in your direction). Here are a few of the good ones:
Smile for the camera, and try not to let any of that massive lipper dribble out.
Filed under: discussion, Lists | Tagged: baseball, fat, gene watson, lippers, mug shots, pictures, potheads, stoners, TMNT, yahoo | 1 Comment »
Posted on May 9, 2008 by Mike
1. Wicked Obnoxious is currently 27 points behind me. There’s still a lot of season left, and he typically makes his charge in July/August, so I need to stay on top of fantasy. Fortunately for this season, the world entire world of finance is shut down, handing me ample time to do research.
2. Gene Watson has a lot of angry fans that come to his defense. Many of them look like this. I listened to some of his music last night, having never heard of him and downloaded a couple songs. It’s OK. Don’t see why anyone would get so riled up though. Plus, I was responding to this guy and assumed that he was actually referring to this obscure Gene Watson.
3. Apparently, I am depressedand need extra prozac. That was a funny comment. Continue reading
Filed under: Lists | Tagged: Fantasy Thoughts, Mr. Anoynmous Angry Blog Reactor Guy, Rants, Sports Thoughts | 2 Comments »
Posted on May 8, 2008 by Mike
1. Curtis Granderson is off to an awesome start in his first 14 games. However, he’s not this good. If he plays 135 games this season (he missed 21 to start the season), he’s on pace to hit 48 HRs with 95 RBIs and 125 runs scored, and to steal only 10 bases. He’s also on pace to strike out only 100 times, while posting a 1:1 BB:K ratio. This is a guy that fanned 174 times in 2006 and 141 times in 2007, while walking 118 time in the two years (including 14 fewer walks in 2007 than 2006). While I don’t think it’s ridiculous for him to post a drop in Ks this year, he doesn’t have the plate discipline to post a huge increase in walks this season. The guy has started on a hot streak, but the cold streaks will come too. Also, he’s not going to score almost 1 run per game played, even in the Tigers offense. That’s as ridiculous an expectation as the leadoff hitter driving in nearly 100 runs.
2. Nate McLouth is good, but his stats in the first month or so are obnoxious. He’s on pace to score 150 Runs, hit 44 HRs and drive in 136 (!!) while stealing only 15 bases. Continue reading
Filed under: Lists | Tagged: Fantasy Thoughts | 6 Comments »
Posted on March 30, 2008 by Mike
… at throwing out the ceremonial first pitch at baseball games. In light of opening day, I thought I’d point out that our president does do something well. The former owner of the Texas Rangers and current leader of the Free World (not the 313) has thrown out more ceremonial first pitches for major league games than any other president, and has looked more competent doing so than the other presidents. Hall of Famer Joe Morgan also mentioned that W is the best presidential ceremonial first pitch thrower ever, in between sentences of Joe Morgan inane banter. Take a look Continue reading
Filed under: discussion, Lists | Tagged: Atlanta Braves, Calvin Coolidge, First Pitch, George W. Bush, Joe Morgan Sucking, Opening Day, President, Washington Nationals | 3 Comments »
Posted on March 7, 2008 by Mike
It’s the most searched reason why people end up on the blog, so let’s give people the list they want. Continue reading
Filed under: beer, Fantasy Team Names, Lists | Tagged: Carlos Beltran's Mole, Fantasy Names, Fantasy Team Names, PBRtinis | 3 Comments »
Posted on March 5, 2008 by Mike
Does anyone else notice that baseball players during the roids era started to look more like they belonged in Street Fighter II than hitting fastballs? (footnote to Wilson1823) Maybe they’ll be firing some HGH Hadoukens soon – but only if Mrs. Clemens refuses to give up the source….
Filed under: discussion, Lists, sal fasano | Tagged: "Regardless of Price", 'roids, 1823, Baltimore MD, Hadouken, HGH, Street Fighter II, Wilson | Leave a comment »
Posted on March 4, 2008 by Mike
Who do you think the best teams are before the draft?
Similar to sports talk, there’s no need not to revisit the same subject daily before a single game is played. Based on still incomplete, but more indepth team analysis, the following is my revisited assessment of the teams: Continue reading
Filed under: discussion, Lists | Tagged: "Rods", Draft, Mrs. Clemens' HGH, Sports Radio | 11 Comments »